On Friday I am going to have my tonsils taken out. About two months ago I got sick with a virus with a very sore throat. My throat never seemed to get better, and I noticed that my right tonsil was quite enlarged. My doctor said I had a right hyper trophic tonsil. He sent me to an ENT about a month ago for a second opinion. The ENT wanted to watch it for about a month to see if it shrunk any. I went back today and it still hadn't shrunk much, so he said it was best to just go ahead and take both tonsils out. He said there is about a 5% chance of it being lymphoma. I am not too worried though because I think it is all due to being sick a couple months ago. I have heard that having your tonsils out as an adult is much tougher than as a child. The doctor said it will take me about one to two weeks to recover. Hopefully it won't be too bad and I will be back to normal quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Praying for a speedy recovery!
I'll be praying for you tomorrow. Doesn't sound like any fun, so make sure Shawn pampers you!!
You will be in my prayers! I love you!
Praying for a very speedy recovery!
~Elyse~
I came over from A & A's blog to tell you I hope that all went well! I will say a prayer for a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment