8/09/2007

2 years ago

Two years ago today, I met Shawn for the first time. I don't think very many people know this story but I think it is kind of neat.

Two years ago, one Saturday night Lindsey and I went to see the movie Must Love Dogs. It is about a woman who is looking for a man and tries to meet guys on the internet. After watching that movie, Lindsey started to try to talk me into going online and trying to meet someone. I was very hesitant at first, but she is very persuasive. Living in a college town, it is very hard to meet someone who isn't in college, so I thought it was worth a shot.

The next day, she and I got on match.com and signed me up for the free trial. I decided that if I was ever going to meet someone I was going to have to go out of my comfort zone and try. We had a list of things the guy must meet. He had to be a Christian and attend church regularly, be conservative, want to have a family, have a job, and a few other things I can't remember anymore.

On Monday, the next day, Shawn sent me an email. He met all of our requirements and he was getting his Ph.D. in wildlife. I thought he sounded great and perfect for our family so I replied back. We emailed back and forth that day getting to know each other better. That night he called me and we talked. He seemed like a very nice guy and not a serial killer or anything like that.

So, the next day (two years ago today) we decided to meet for dinner at Johnny Carinos. I wouldn't say it was love at first sight or anything like that, but we had a nice time and decided to keep seeing each other. Well seven months later we were engaged and three months after that we were married. I never thought I would be one of those people that got married so quickly, but Shawn made me the happiest I have ever been and from early on we just knew it was right.

So to recap, in a matter of about two days on match.com I met the man I was to marry. It's funny I never thought it was possible that people could meet their future spouse online, but every time I tell someone about how Shawn and I met they say, I just heard of another couple that met that way.

I am so thankful that God blessed me with Shawn two years ago today. I met Shawn at a time in my life where I didn't think I would ever get married. I felt I would never meet someone in this town and that I was going to be alone the rest of my life. I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life.

1 comment:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

YEA for meeting Shawn!!! I am so happy for yall. Doesn't seem like it was 2 years ago at all. And, I so remember your dad making you paint that fence LOL! That was too funny, but you did get a good farmers tan on the ranch!